COVID-19 Service Update
05/01/21: COVID-19 Service Update – We remain open for business
In line with the latest Government guidelines published on 05.01.21, our business is operating as usual.
We will be continuing to provide a full cleaning service to our clients, but with further enhanced measures to keep our cleaners and clients safe. As detailed on the government website, we are cleared to continue working in our clients homes and commercial premises as tradespeople.
A summary of the steps we are taking
Unwell or self-isolating
- Our cleaners will stay at home if they feel unwell or are self-isolating following NHS advice. We will contact you immediately in such instances to provide an alternative solution.
- Clients will need to cancel / reschedule their clean by contacting our office if they have Covid19 symptoms.
Advice given to our cleaning staff
- To avoid public transport – 99% of our staff journeys are made on foot or bicycle.
- Follow social distancing rules.
- Follow advice from the government on masks and facial coverings.
- Wash their hands regularly for at least 20 seconds or use anti-bacterial gel.
- To use virucidal disinfectant on all frequently touched areas such as door handles, switches, kitchen tops, etc.
- Open windows where it is possible to allow for ventilation.
Avoiding contact and social distancing
- We will give you an estimated time for the arrival of the cleaning team so that contact can be avoided.
- We have asked cleaners to stay away from clients in a different room or at least a minimum of 2m away and to wear a face covering on the rare occasion where the minimum distance cannot be maintained. We would ask you to do the same.
- We ask clients to either vacate their home or office during the clean or agree at the start of the clean a plan to ensure we are always cleaning in a different room to our client / maintaining the social distance.
We will share with you our full Covid-Secure risk assessment appropriate for your specific environment before your clean commences.