A bathroom should be a place to relax, unwind and enjoy a bit of me time, but if your bathroom is dirty and poorly maintained then it’s practically impossible to enjoy using it. However, cleaning your bathroom can be such a hassle that most of us try to avoid like the plague, but it doesn’t have to be that way. You can get your bathroom looking spotless in just fifteen minutes so it’s always ready for you to use. Check out the following bathroom cleaning tips from our Brighton cleaning company.
To clean your bathroom in fifteen minutes you’ll need:
- Toilet cleaner
- Toilet brush
- Glass cleaner and cloth
- Disinfectant wipes
- A bin
- A laundry hamper
- Mop and broom
- A box, bag or basket
How to Clean Your Bathroom Step-By-Step
- Start by making sure you have all the supplies you need to hand so you don’t have to keep going off and searching in cupboards.
- Pick up any towels or dirty laundry lying around and place them in your laundry basket.
- Get rid of any rubbish and empty your bathroom rubbish bin.
- Clean the sink and bath areas with disinfectant wipes.
- Clean the outside of the toilet with a disinfectant wipe.
- Scrub the inside of your toilet with a toilet brush and cleaning solution.
- Clean your bathroom glass with vinegar or glass cleaner on a soft, lint free cloth to clean glass surfaces like mirrors.
- Get rid of any items that should be stored in another room like shoes, clothes or toys.
- Put any items that have been left out in your bathroom back in their proper place.
- Sweep the floor thoroughly with a stiff brimmed broom to remove dust and debris.
- Mop the floor using a good quality floor cleaning solution.
- Put your bathroom cleaning supplies away in their proper place.
Bonus Bathroom Cleaning Tips
Following these steps and maintaining your bathroom regularly will make it much easier to clean so it will only take fifteen minutes or less each time you do it, which makes getting the bathroom spic and span a much less intimidating job.
Store Your Bathroom Cleaning Products Together
Keep all your bathroom cleaning product together so they’re easy to organise when it’s time to clean. Make sure you keep chemical cleaners and other harmful items out of the reach of children and always ensure that you store cleaning chemicals according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Encourage Children to Tidy Toys Away
Make sure your kids start tidying up after themselves early by placing lots of useful storage in your bathroom so that they can quickly put all their bath toys and books away after they’ve finished.
Store Your Laundry Basket
A laundry basket is an absolute essential in any home but if you don’t have much space in your bathroom then put your laundry basket in your bedroom or on a landing instead.
Bathroom Rubbish Bin
Bathrooms are places where we tend to use a lot of products which means rubbish can quickly accumulate. Empty your bathroom bin at least twice a week to keep it clear and clean.
Follow these top tips for better bathroom cleaning and you’ll never find yourself dreading a bathroom cleaning job again. For more information, call Why Bother Cleaning today!